Registration has started for the training course:
„Sensory Evaluation of Wine and Grape Origin Alcoholic Beverages“
A State-recognized Certificate will be issued!
35% Co-financing - United Nations Development Program (UNDP)
Quality-oriented teaching methods!
The right to implement the program is obtained from the National Center for Educational Quality Enhancement !!!
Teachers - Tasters with local and international experience !!!
Mariam Khomasuridze, Irma Janturia, Nino Maisuradze, Tinatin Jajanidze.
Cost - 1674 GEL (payment in 3 stages).
Classes will be held three times a week, during non-working hours.
The program provides theoretical and practical training:
- Theory and practice of tasting;
- • Orginizing the tasting;
- • Etiquette of hosting with wine and spirits;
- • Basic principles of combining gastronomy products, dishes and drinks;
- • Wine aroma and color;
- • Definition of faults and flaws;
- • Wine faults (microbiological diseases); Descriptors and their identification.
- • Classification of wines and beverages of grape origin;
- • Vine varieties of wines;
- • Technological features of different categories / types of wine, sparkling wine and alcoholic beverage production process`;
- • Tasting of white, pink, red, protected origin name, qvevri red and amber wines produced in the various viticulture- winemaking regions of Georgia;
- • Tasting of sparkling wines and alcoholic beverages of grape origin (brandy, chacha);
- • Tasting of wines from European (France, Italy, Spain) and New Winemaking countries (USA, Chile, New Zealand);
During the training course:
- 64 bottles of various high quality wine and alcoholic beverages will be presented for tasting;
- 3 practical lessons are devoted to practice on modular solutions;
- 16 practical lessons are devoted to the excersize of identifying wine zones. Real examples of wine with different faults and a set of model solutions are used in the teaching.
- • Wine tasting shop "Reserve"
- In one of the oldest wine production cellar-„Chateau Zegaani“.
Learning process will be conducted in compliance with all COVID-19 regulations. At the time of registration, the trainee must be vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine at least once prior to the begining of the study.
Registration for the program is available from September 14th on the Website: www.vet.emis.ge
Contact us for additional questions: